Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday in Dublin

Today was a nice bank holiday in Dublin. Most people got the day off, as did we. So Ally, Kelly, and I decided to the Jameson tour. It's been the most difficult tour to book so far, but we finally found a working time.

Before going over I just wanted some time to relax unwind a bit. Especially because today is the funeral service to my loved one from back home. It's been a difficult day to get through being so far away. But alas I've powered through and I'm paying my respects from the most beautiful country.

Overall I have definitely preferred the Jameson tour to the Guiness. I liked how much thought and effort was put into the tour. From a museum standpoint I loved the interactions, comedy, and presentation. The tasting was fun as well. I've never tried it before the trip but it was fascinating to taste after learning about how it's made. Definitely smooth. I can see the difference in taste compared to other whiskeys, and the three distillery process makes such a difference! 

They are definitely proud of their whiskey here and I can see why. Local ingredients, Irish family, and a smooth tasting whiskey. No complaints at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment