Thursday, June 5, 2014

Last day of Class

Today was the last day of class! Final lectures and a mini presentation of our group work to Jan. I'm really sad that this it and that it's coming to a close. Everyone will be heading out and leaving tomorrow. I'll be here in Europe (going to London and Paris) for another week, before heading back to Denver for our final presentation.

Finding the very first classroom we were in at UCDublin was quite the journey. It's funny how different your perspective can change in just two weeks. The places that start off foreign can suddenly feel like home. Walking around disoriented, lost, and out of place at first. To giving directions, having favorite places, and being mistaken for a local. I really love Ireland. Just as I settled in, it's already time to be going.

Hearing the adversity, successes, and growth from the different teams in the class was really neat. Seeing some patterns in problems but also seeing the people that they have become was amazing. We really became a family in a way and I'm so grateful for the friendships that formed. The funny stories we share and this life experience that we all had together makes it all the more special.

Additionally going back to Guiness again for the final lectures was like coming full circle, to the beginning of the trip. I really enjoyed seeing entrepreneurs give their pitches. To see their confidence and to understand what they are going through as a startup company was a great last lecture. I think I really understood how Jan built the course and how much thought he put into it. Those last lecturers would not have resonated the same if they were at any other point of the course. I was inspired by them, I hope their ventures will be successful and they get the funding they've worked hard for.

Well this is it. I am eternally grateful to have had this opportunity. When I wrote my application for the study abroad I told about the dream of a little girl who wanted to see the green and world she only saw in books/t.v.  Now I can at last tell you that after the many hardships she's weathered and after all the hard work she put into it-that dream has come true! It was better than I could have ever imagined. My words could never articulate everything I've learned, seen, and felt. It's something that has helped me grow, to have the courage to chase my dreams again, and to live a life that I love.

Thank you so very much Jan and Sheeren. This opportunity is something that I would not have been possible without you both. It is a wonderful gift you've given me, to live out my dream and to have gained so much from you. Go Rev Maith Agat, Ahehee. This Navajo gal is ready to chase another dream.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that you got quite a bit out of this Irish business experience. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete